The Best Related Post Plugin for WordPress

About two months ago the related posts plugin for WordPress that I was using stopped working. It had functioned before, and was highly recommended by bloggers everywhere, but I was never really happy with the posts it chose to display. I could narrow them down by category or tag, but I couldn’t choose specific posts. Being to busy to bother with it, I used the plugin till it stopped working for me, then disabled it. For a while, I used nothing at all. Then I decided to search for something better…

I found a lot of plugins like YARP that did basically the same thing. Some not even as fancy. Then I found Microkid’s Related Post Plugin. It’s a breath of fresh air!

This plugin adds a window to your edit post page. It has a little search box that you type your queery in, and radio buttons to tell the tool to search Titles, Content, or Both. A list of matching posts shows below, and you simply click on them to select them. If you change your mind, you can click on the little ‘x’ and the post title will be removed. It does all this without re-loading the page, which means its very fast. I love this, because often I have an idea what I’d like to see linked to under a post, and sometimes the posts I want to link to are older. This pulls everything and I pick and choose what to show. I can also pick 3, or 5, or 7 for all I care, cause it’s not limited.

Other cool things about this plugin:

• You can customize the CSS to match your theme.
  • The plugin will automatically place the links at the end of your post, but if you don’t like where it puts them you can grab the code and insert it in the theme yourself. Or, make use of the shortcode and put the links in the middle of your post!
  • There’s a reciprocal option you can use that tells any post linked to also link back to the current post. This can be turned on or off.
  • You can pick posts that are currently in drafts, or scheduled to post at a later date! The link will not show until the post linked to is live.

Get Microkid’s Related Posts Plugin

Plugin/Author Page
Download from WordPress Plugin Directory

Here’s a short video clip to show you just how quick and easy it is to find and add related posts!

Comments

• Jiangwei22 says

MBT shoes sale store Nike factory online store UGG boots sale store GHD hair straighteners discount store Louis Vuitton Factory Outlet store Gucci Factory Outlet store Chanel Factory Outlet store Coach Factory Outlet store Bride wedding dress store

1. Mars Dorian says

That's an awesome plugin, I will try it out.
    I use Link-within right now, because of the nice thumbnails it produces

thanx

• Jiangwei22 says

• Jiangwei22 says

2. says

Mars,

The thing I love about this plugin is that it puts the links in hen you
    create the post. Those other plugins, like Link Within, YARPP, etc pull
    them when the post is loaded, which takes time and a lot of resources.
    I've heard several bloggers say their hosts actually shut their sites
    down till they removed those plugins. Probably depends on your host and
    your traffic, but still…

• Jiangwei22 says

3. Mars Dorian says

Woa, Erika, I had no idea. That's probably why I always get a message like this “Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted” when I try to install a new “bigger-sized” plugin. In that case I'll seriously think about yours….
    Can those simple plugins really devour so much memory ?

4. says

Mars,

That's what I've heard. A few people on the ProBlogger forums have been
    talking about it lately. I did notice my site running faster when the
    plugin stopped working for me. haha No idea why it stopped…

• Jiangwei22 says

5. Antti Kokkonen says

Awesome, I've been looking for a alternative for YARPP (yet another related posts plugin), which is great, but bit of a resource-hog and to some parts have sloppy programming, which cause it malfunction on Dashboard side and with some other plugins.

Thanks for highlighting the plugin, I'll definitely check it out.

6. says

Antti, this is exactly why I went searching. YARPP kept conflicting with other plugins, slowed my site down, then stopped working altogether. I've since ready about what a resource hog it (and several like it) is and decided I needed something different.

7. Kevin Tea says

Erica, cannot get it to work so maybe it's the latest Thesis upgrade to 1,7 as it does appear to be theme reliant.

8. says

“Well , the coach outlet view of coach handbags the passage is totally correct ,your details is really reasonable and you guy give us valuable informative post, I totally agree the standpoint of upstairs. I often surfing on this forum when I m free and I find there are so much good information we can learn in this forum!
    ugg gissella boots

9. Mrs_Moody says

Looks great, i have used YARPP for so long, and this plugin is great, but since i want to reduce using plugins too much (i have 14 plugins now), i then removed yarpp.

Might want to try this one, thanks!

10. Jiangwei22 says